Wednesday 16 November 2011

Nobody can finish on a Wednesday

Wednesday is traditionally "hump day", meaning the middle of the week. Things don't tend to start or finish on Wednesdays. Occasionally people are born, or they die on Wednesdays. They are the most comfortable days in the working week, having neither the need to "get back into the swing of it" that Monday is infamous for, or the anxiousness to leave and the complete hatred for the workplace that Friday is known for. Today is Wednesday.

I've been completing work experience at the Northern Rivers Writers Centre since Monday, and today is my last "physical" day here. For the remainder of the working week I'll be completing tasks from home, a coffee shop, or a library. It's doubtful that I'll go to the library to complete work, however, as food isn't allowed. The library also frowns upon loud noises, which, having spent the last few days at an office, I've come to realise slip from the mouth whenever a task is completed, or work hindered by technology and/or stupidity. The office ladies also seem to enjoy making animal noises, and comparing Tamari Almonds to relationships.

It is in my best interests to mention how much of wonderful time I've had, and also the hospitality and good looks of Siboney and Sarah, as well as Pip.

No comments:

Post a Comment